About Me

My photo

Tech journalist since the dark ages. Windows Secrets, LangaList newsletter, Windows Magazine (NetGuide, Home PC), Byte, Popular Computing, yadda yadda yadda. Google me, if it matters.

This feed is mostly personal interest; it's NOT my professional writing. There's tech here, yes, but also lots of general science and some politics and weird humor thrown in.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

RIP Karen Kenworthy

Karen Kenworthy wrote a very popular column for Windows Magazine, when I was there. She was as good a programmer (I still use some of her "Karenware" software today) as she was a wordsmith (her readers loved her stuff). I have none but positive memories of working with Karen.

Received this email today:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Karen Kenworthy
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 13:51:20 -0500
From: Bill Kenworthy <...>
To: fred@langaonline.com <fred@langaonline.com>

Dear Fred,

It is with great sadness that I write to tell you of the death of Karen Kenworthy.  I remember that she spoke of you often in the old Windows Magazine days.  Karen died in her sleep on Tuesday, 12 April.  Here is a link to the obituary that appeared in the Tulsa World:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/ourlives/article.aspx?subjectid=426&articleid=20110415_Ob_obsl_7911942&archive=yes

Bill Kenworthy

Karen’s brother

Posted via email from Fred's posterous