Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hey, is this thing still on?

I've been remiss in posting. My apologies.

There are extenuating circumstances. There was hurricane Irene...

Ghcefhdc

... and a freak October major snow...

Hhcaaeei


... each of which caused multi-day power outages.

On a much more pleasant note, I got to visit my son in his new digs in NYC, and took a delightful motorcycle trip to Pittsburgh, passing through the high hills of central Pennsylvania at the peak of fall color, and spending a fun weekend with my sister and her husband.

(An aside: Pittsburgh has a great Zombiefest!


Fun event!)

And, along the way, work kept me busy with 12 columns, and a 100-page e-book.

We also put a new roof on the condo here, and held our annual Owner's meeting and Board elections. I was re-elected President on a three part platform: Commerce, Education, and, um, oops.

OK, that's silly, but I was reelected, and the whole thing consumes time.

In sum: It's been a very, very busy Fall.

But if this test message goes through and posts as and where it should, I hope to resume a more normal posting schedule.

In about a week, I'm heading back down to the Kennedy Space Center to attend the NASA Tweetup associated with the Nov 25 launch of the Mars Science Lab.  http://marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/

Lots more on that coming up.

Thanks for reading!

---Fred

4 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed your regular helpful postings for years. I am a retired medical professional and my thoughts recently have been that you had experienced a heart attack, stroke or some other terrible disease. I'm glad you are OK. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a medical professional and I'm glad you're OK too.
    P.S. I still can't post without also firing up Firefox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you *are* busy.

    SON?!?! I don't believe that you've *ever* mentioned your family before. And I've been reading your wonderful posts for too many years.

    What other secrets have you been keeping?

    I'm glad you are having fun.

    Peace,
    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really missed you, Fred.I realize you have a life and as well we all got along just fine when you went AWOL, but there was definitely something missing. Thank you for providing it again.

    Robin

    ReplyDelete