Saturday, October 27, 2012

I apologize for the spamming by 'anonymous'

The current flood of hostile posts from 'Anonymous' come from a single disturbed individual. I delete the posts as soon as I find them, but they may show up, briefly, on this site before I get to them.

(I know who this 'anonymous' is; he's been on a long decline for years; we've sparred in other forums before. [I recognize the language, the phrasing, and the misspellings.] I tried to help him initially, as did several other friends. But it did no good. Something very bad has happened to his mind and self-control.)

His latest deleted rants have been about "free speech." He is, of course, free to say whatever he wants on his own blog, or in a public forum. But "free speech" does not mean he can pollute my personal blog with misogynistic, homophobic, sexist, and otherwise hostile and offensive posts. Free speech doesn't mean "anyone can say anything, anywhere, at any time."

To "Anonymous:" I urge you to save some shred of your dignity. Please just go away.

Thank you; and my apologies to my regular readers for this interruption.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure seems weird that someone would spend so much time and energy spewing this hatred.

      Get a *productive* life.

      Peace,
      Randy

      Delete