About Me

My photo

Tech journalist since the dark ages. Windows Secrets, LangaList newsletter, Windows Magazine (NetGuide, Home PC), Byte, Popular Computing, yadda yadda yadda. Google me, if it matters.

This feed is mostly personal interest; it's NOT my professional writing. There's tech here, yes, but also lots of general science and some politics and weird humor thrown in.

Friday, November 2, 2012

That "village in kenia" photo may be a spoof on the Tea Party, rather than by a Tea Partier.

The version I saw was attributed to an Alabama student, but may in fact have been written ironically, and as deliberate satire on typical Tea-Party screeds, by a fully-literate student in Massachusetts. (http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/10/internet_fail_the_truth_about.html)

I don't know where it came from, but it's funny either way. :)