About Me

My photo

Tech journalist since the dark ages. Windows Secrets, LangaList newsletter, Windows Magazine (NetGuide, Home PC), Byte, Popular Computing, yadda yadda yadda. Google me, if it matters.

This feed is mostly personal interest; it's NOT my professional writing. There's tech here, yes, but also lots of general science and some politics and weird humor thrown in.

Monday, September 30, 2013

More for word mavens: Take this American dialect test (eg hoagie, sub, hero, grinder...)

Identify your personal regionalisms: Highway/expressway/freeway; fountain/bubbler; soda/tonic; you/yuns/yins/y'all; many more.

There are two versions of the test; 25-questions and 140 questions. Alas , the server is very slow, so this is best done as a background task in either case.

Yes, I'm a language geek: I did the full 140 question version. My speech patterns (no big surprise):



Via Discover Mag:  http://bit.ly/150fX9A